Saturday 25 October 2014

Portfolio: Possible Final Installation Photographs


I have chosen four photographs for my final installation. I like these four the most out of the photographs I've taken. I have a few more to take, but I think I'll definitely use these four photographs. I'm aiming to add two more people to the installation, hopefully another male model just to help balance things out a little bit more.  What I like about these is the range in tone and colour. The lighting is similar for them, but there is one or two that are a little two bright. The first two, I probably like the lighting for the most. I also like the shadows across their skin and the small highlights in the glasses of the first picture. When I can, I'll adjust the lighting in the third image, to bring down the exposure and contrast a little to make it resemble some of the others. I don't mind it being a little brighter and I may have to adjust the first two to be a little brighter anyway so it should work out okay. I want to keep the editing to a minimum  to still give it a small documentary feel. 

I love the similar depths of field, the connection runs through all of them, which works really well. I wasn't sure I could obtain this feature, but it worked out quite well. I like the muted colours with the slight brightness in different areas. I love the framing, that's probably one of my favourite features. I looked at the framing a lot when photographing these ones, previously I had trouble with the framing and it was something I thought quite a lot about during these shoots. The focus on the hands works well which is what I wanted and spent most of the time looking at.






No comments:

Post a Comment